Saturday, September 3, 2011

Fun With Characters: Heroes

I must admit that, when it comes to Regency heroes, I love a good rogue - someone who lives life by his rules, not necessarily those of Society. That in itself makes me wonder what happened in their child- or young adulthood to make them that way?

In my last book, The Reluctant Rogue, Sebastian spent his formative years being compared unfavorably to his older brother, which drove a deep rift between him and his father. Consequently, he turned out to be more than a little rebellious, which was a lot of fun to write!

What about you? What kind of hero draws you in the most: the brooding recluse, the wounded war hero, the unrepentant rake, the carefree rogue, or the stalwart best friend?

I look forward to reading your answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment